Jody M. Singleton, CPA, is a 1991 magna cum laude graduate of Troy University where, as a baseball player, he was twice chosen as a First Team GTE-CoSIDA Academic All-American. Jody became only the second student athlete in Troy’s history to accomplish this. He is a 2010 Troy University School of Accountancy Hall of Honor inductee.
Jody has experience with both local and regional CPA firms. Jody brings CFO experience to the firm having last held that position with SunSouth, one of the largest conglomerates of John Deere Dealerships in the Country. He has managed HR, Operations, and Finance for several companies in the areas of technology, agribusiness, construction and development. He has managed all functions of business management and growth including key metrics and mergers & acquisitions.
In addition to management experience with companies ranging from a few thousand to approximately $100 million in sales, Jody is also an entrepreneur. He is involved in several private ventures and joint ventures. Jody intimately understands the rigors and details of building and managing a business. He brings that expertise to all of his clients.
In addition to his professional life, Jody is an active member and deacon at Headland First Baptist Church. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Amy, and they have three wonderful children and a beautiful granddaughter. He is an avid outdoorsman and stays involved in local and collegiate athletics. Jody is a City Councilman for the City of Headland, board member for the Headland chamber of commerce, and past-president of Headland Kiwanis Club. He currently serves on Troy University’s Alumni Board and as chairperson for the Business/Industry Education Certification Team for Headland High School.
Jody is a current member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of CPAs
- Alabama Society of CPAs
- National Federation of Independent Business Tax Advisory Committee
- Southern Linc Wireless Advisory Board of Directors
- Troy University Alumni Board of Directors
- SARCOA Board of Directors
- Headland City Council (Mayor Pro Tem)
- Alabama League of Municipalities Technology Committee
- Headland Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
He is a past member of the following organizations:
- ASCPA Committee on Technology Services
- North American Equipment Dealers Association
- Alabama Agribusiness Council
- George C. Wallace Community College Foundation Board of Directors